Leading the Way
Graduates of the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences are making a real difference in health care and research while also influencing best practices locally, nationally and globally. This would not be possible without the many donations and grants from our supporters.
A Transformational Gift
In 2013, Dr. Herbert and Nicole Wertheim made a transformational $10 million naming gift that has left an indelible mark on the College. This gift established endowed faculty chairs, student scholarships, and incentive programs for faculty recruitment, enhancement and teaching innovation. All are vital to our mission and strengthen our standing as a top national academic and research institution.
The Dean's Leadership Council
The gift also made possible a uniquely influential collective of leaders and innovators who are providing the College with exceptional direction and insights serving on the Dean's Leadership Council. This diverse group of accomplished leaders represents a broad spectrum of talent and experience that extends beyond the realm of nursing and health sciences education and practice.
The members of the 2015-2016 Dean's Leadership Council are:
- Herbert A. Wertheim, OD, DSC - President and Founder, Brain Power, Inc.
- Nicole Wertheim - Honorary Chair
- Vanessa Wertheim, PhD
- Erica Wertheim Zohar
- Dr. Adel Abu-Moustafa - Chairman of the Board, The Florida House Experience
- Sherief Abu-Moustafa, RN - CEO, The Florida House Experience
- Jose "Pepe" Armas, MD - President and Founder, MCCI Group
- Darlene Boytell-Perez ’89, ’96, MSN, ARNP – Gastro Health
- Diane Faulconer ’74 - Retired
- Kim Greene - Executive Director, Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation
- Col. Brodes Hartley - President/CEO, Community Health of South Florida
- Edward C. Garabedian ’90, PT – Assistant Vice President of Hospital Administration, Doctors Hospital
- Mario Jardon, LCSW - President/CEO, Citrus Health Network, Inc.
- Steven Marcus, EdD - CEO, Health Foundation of South Florida
- Fernando Valverde, MD - Regional President, Humana South & North Florida, Humana, Inc.
With the support from the Dean's Leadership Council, individual donors and organizations, we are transforming our short and long-term goals into reality and ensuring increased access for students who have financial need. We thank each and every one for their contributions to the College and commitment to helping shape the future of health care.