For assistance with the application process, contact:
Academic Support Services
email@example.com | (305) 348-7747
AHC3 – Rm. 342
The Anesthesiology Nursing Program (ANP) at the FIU Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences (NWCNHS) is a limited-enrollment program with a highly rigorous admissions process where the number of applicants generally well exceeds our available positions.
Students begin the program once a year, starting with the Spring Semester for the MSN+DNP Dual Degree option and Fall Semester for the MSN degree only option. Your ANP Application Package should be completed and contain ALL required documentation (i.e., transcripts, GRE scores, University application, CNHS Graduate Nursing application, supplemental ANP materials, etc.) by MAY 1st.
Application materials will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and those selected for interview will be invited to attend an Information & Interview session. In limited circumstances, certain exceptionally well qualified applicants may be offered an early admissions decision.
Specific instructions accompany the ANP Application Package. These instructions MUST be followed carefully in order to have the application processed correctly. Please note in the instructions that you must complete a Graduate Admissions Application to the University AND a Graduate Nursing Application for the Anesthesiology Nursing Program. Consult the Admission Requirements section in this site for more information.
a. The applicant has a right to expect:
- To be considered for admission without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, or national origin.
- Accurate information regarding the application process for the program, the admission criteria, an outline of the curriculum, as well as full disclosure of time commitment, costs, tuition, fees, accreditation status and affiliating agencies/institutions.
- A fair and unbiased review and consideration of their application as outlined in the recruiting brochure.
b. Responsibilities of the applicant:
- To submit a complete, truthful and timely application, which includes all required documentation.
- To appear before the Admissions Committee of the Program for a personal interview if requested.
- To provide any additional or supplemental documentation and/or references as requested by the Admissions Committee.
- To be prepared financially to enter a full-time educational program.
c. Eligibility & Background Policies:
Applicants should be advised that a state and federal criminal history background check is now required prior to participation in clinical practicums. Clinical facilities may limit or prohibit students with criminal histories from participating in clinical experiences.
Other options may not exist for the student to complete required clinical hours in order to obtain their degree or to meet eligibility criteria for certification as a CRNA; thus, such a student may not be eligible for licensure in Florida.
Individuals with potential background issues should consult the Florida Board of Nursing for advisement, prior to making application to the program. Additionally, drug screening may be required prior participation in clinical practicums. Drug screening may also be conducted at random, or with cause during participation in clinical practicums. Failures to comply with requests for drug screening or the occurrence of a positive screen are grounds for dismissal.