How to Apply
The application process for the FIU Athletic Training Program is a comprehensive one. Below are the tools and information you will need to complete the process correctly. For assistance, questions, or needs regarding your application please contact:
305-348-3167 | 305-348-2125 (fax)
To view the requirements for entering the Athletic Training Program, please click here
Please note that the application procedure is a 2-step process:
- Application to the University Graduate School
- Submission of required documents to the Athletic Training Program
For Transfer Students
Students interested in transferring to the Athletic Training Program at Florida International University must meet all admission requirements. In accordance with the Florida International University Graduate School Transfer Credit Policy, the Athletic Training Program may accept a maximum of 11 graduate credits (20% or less of the total required credits of graduate coursework) earned from another institution beyond a bachelor’s degree, subject to approval by the Program Director. Acceptance of transfer credits for a course is dependent upon the following provisions:
- The student received a grade of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- The course was taken at an accredited institution
- The course was relevant, as judged by Program Director upon review of the course syllabus, to the Athletic Training Program
- The course is listed on an official transcript received by Graduate Admissions
- The course will be no older than 6 years at the time of graduation from the program.
Students who have completed graduate athletic training coursework at another Athletic Training Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) or students who have completed graduate credits from a non-CAATE-accredited program may apply for transfer credit. Transfer credits will be reviewed by the Program Director on a case-by-case basis. The Program Director may request additional documentation to render a decision on transfer credits. Graduate credit is not awarded for life experiences.
If admitted to the program, transfer students will be required to complete all courses in the prescribed sequence. Transfer students will be required to enroll in all of the clinical education courses.