The Generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) track is a limited enrollment program with a competitive admission process based on previous academic performance. Applications for admission are considered one time per year for admission to the Fall semester, with a total of 100 students admitted to the program.
Minimum Requirements for ALL Students:
The following will be considered for admission:
- Associates in Arts (AA) from a Florida community college or completion of all FIU core curriculum requirements including Gordon Rule and language requirements
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.25* or higher for all coursework is required to qualify for consideration within the applicant pool. Cumulative GPA will be used as one of the criteria for competitive ranking.
*Approved by Undergraduate Nursing Faculty on 4/25/12 and will be in effect for the Fall 2013 admission cycle.
- No repeats in required science courses because of failure (C- or below) and all science courses completed within the past 10 years.
- Completion of all Nursing prerequisite requirements no later than the Spring semester in which applying for admission.
- Successful completion of the TEAS V nursing entrance exam
- Test must be taken at the FIU Testing Center or at regionally accredited college or university testing center in Florida.
- There are two minimum scores an applicant must achieve on the TEAS to be considered for admissions:
- Minimum 70% Comprehensive score
- Minimum 62% Science Score
- Completion of NWCNHS Generic BSN application with supporting documentation including video essay uploaded to YouTube and copies of transcripts including panther degree audit (FIU students only), submitted in ONE PACKET to NWCNHS Student Services by the application deadline.
Transfer & International Applicants
In addition to the above admission requirements, transfer students must successfully meet all FIU undergraduate admissions requirements , prior to being considered for admission to the nursing program. In addition, International Students must comply with all International Student requirements as per International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).