The Generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) track is a limited enrollment program with a competitive admission process based on previous academic performance. Applications for admission are considered one time per year for admission to the Fall semester, with a total of 100 students admitted to the program.
Minimum Requirements for ALL Students:
The following will be considered for admission:
- Associates in Arts (AA) from a Florida community college or completion of all FIU core curriculum requirements including Gordon Rule and language requirements
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.25* or higher for all coursework is required to qualify for consideration within the applicant pool. Cumulative GPA will be used as one of the criteria for competitive ranking.
*Approved by Undergraduate Nursing Faculty on 4/25/12 and will be in effect for the Fall 2013 admission cycle.
- No repeats in required science courses because of failure (C- or below) and all science courses completed within the past 10 years.
- Completion of all Nursing prerequisite requirements no later than the Spring semester in which applying for admission.
- Successful completion of the HESI–A2 nursing entrance exam
- Test must be taken at FIU Testing Center.
- New applicants – the first attempt of the exam is weighted most heavily, with minimum achievement of 80% in Math and 80% in Reading required. If subsequent attempts are needed to achieve these scores the student will achieve a lower ranking.
- Previous applicants (Fall 2012) – These applicants may take the new 2013 HESI-A2 examination to improve their ranking without penalty, however the most recent attempt will count for ranking even if scores are lower than earlier attempts.
- Completion of CNHS Generic BSN application with supporting documentation including video essay uploaded to YouTube and copies of transcripts including panther degree audit (FIU students only), submitted in ONE PACKET to CNHS Student Services by the application deadline.
Transfer & International Applicants
In addition to the above admission requirements, transfer students must successfully meet all FIU undergraduate admissions requirements , prior to being considered for admission to the nursing program. In addition, International Students must comply with all International Student requirements as per International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).