In hospitals, community agencies, long-term care facilities, acute care systems, private practice or other settings, healthcare management specialists with the right blend of technical and management skills are among the most sought-after in the field.
FIU’s 5-course Minor in Health Services Administration (mHSA) is designed to complement other majors, including health sciences, finance and business degrees. The track provides an introductory curriculum that supports students seeking careers in healthcare and healthcare-related fields.
The mHSA is available to baccalaureate degree seeking students who have:
- A minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Completed 60 lower division hours; and
- An interest in careers in health services administration or who wish to examine the administrative aspects of health services delivery
For more information about the FIU mHSA, contact the department at 305-348-7709.
Courses & Syllabi
Visit the FIU Catalog for full course descriptions and program requirements:
- Navigate to the current academic year
- Enter the Course Code in the “Search Bar” OR
- Select “Undergraduate” for searching minor and BHSA courses
- Select “Graduate” for searching MHSA courses
- Select “Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences”
Enrolled students can download the program syllabi from FIU Sharepoint - HSA Programs.