All NP Specialty Certificates Tracks
FIU’s graduate-level nurse practitioner (NP) degree and certificate programs are limited enrollment and admission is highly COMPETITIVE. Requirements for entry are extensive, with additional conditions specific to transfer and international students.
Applicants may make an appointment with an FIU Graduate Nursing Advisor for assistance with the application process (see Advising page).
- Successful completion of all the admission requirements for graduate education at Florida International University and the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Current Florida RN or ARNP license (as applicable).
- Graduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of all Post-Master’s Certificate admission paperwork including:
- NursingCAS application
- FIU supplemental application
- Written essay
- Three (3) professional reference letters
- Curriculum Vitae
- Favorable personal interview with the FIU Graduate Nursing Admission Committee.