- To prepare diverse healthcare professionals who are providers and leaders in the delivery of high quality, accessible, culturally-competent, and compassionate care within in a highly technological and global environment.
- To teach, conduct research and practice in service to the community through inter-professional collaboration.
- To create, promote, expand and validate scientific knowledge and evidence-based practice through interdisciplinary research.
The vision of the NWCNHS is to be globally recognized as the higher education destination organization that is innovative, inquiry-driven and technologically advanced; drawing diverse top-class faculty, students, staff and others for positive transformation of society with a focus on the health care needs of underserved populations.
"We are fueled by intellect; driven by innovation and caring."
THE NWCNHS STRATEGIC PLAN
1. Execute outstanding educational programs
Success Indicators: AY 2012-2013
- Current curricula will be examined for consistency with professional accreditation and practice standards
- Inter-professional curriculum components will be identified across all NWCNHS disciplines and programs for the following areas: compassionate care, cultural competency, ethics, health policy, informatics, leadership, professionalism, and research for possible inter-professional courses
- The NWCNHS internal program review schedule will be established
- NWCNHS program evaluation plans will be reviewed and updated
- Planning for a PhD program in rehabilitation care will be initiated
Success Indicators: 5-Year Goals (2012-2017)
- Inter-professional curriculum components will be integrated and evaluated across all disciplines and programs in the College
- All programs will be ranked among the top 50% within their discipline in the nation
Success Indicators: 10-Year Goals (2012-2022)
- All NWCNHS curricula will be consistent with professional accreditation and practice standards
- Ongoing NWCNHS program reviews, monitoring and evaluation processes will be operational.
- All programs will be ranked among the top 25% within their discipline in the nation