The Nursing Unit of the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences is scheduled for accreditation review of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) from October 7-9, 2013. The CCNE invites the Nursing Unit’s constituents (students, alumni, faculty, the practice community, etc.) to comment on quality and satisfaction regarding the Nursing Unit’s DNP program. Written and signed comments may be submitted to the CCNE up to 30 days prior to the scheduled site visit and will not be shared with the Nursing Unit.
Comments may be submitted to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120
"Ora Strickland brings FIU strong research background as she directs the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences"
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Drs. Jones, Fenkl, Parchment, and Patsdaughter receives 3-year grant from SAMHSA! The project builds on Dr. Jones' work with Hispanic and Black FIU students in developing and testing the SENORITAS and SALSA programs.
- DNP Accreditation Preliminary Report of Findings - No citations and no recommendations!
- Welcome to Dr. Deborah Sherman - Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- Save the Date - The Nightingala 30th Anniversary of Nursing - October 19, 2013. CLICK HERE for the website.
- Eric Fenkl receive 2013 Florida Nurses Foundation Edna Hicks Research Grant Award for his proposal titled HPV and Anorectal Carcinoma Knowledge in MSM Study.
- Dr. Sandra Gracia Jones who has been named to the Florida Nurses Association Hall of Fame.