NWCNHS 2015 Annual Report
2014 Annual Giving Report
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Physical Therapy Program wins Most Successful PT Newcomer in the 2015-2016 Pittsburgh–Marquette Challenge, raising $1,590.56.
- The American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) has accepted Tatayana Maltseva’s abstract entitled " Inter-professional Collaboration to Promote LGBTQ Mental Health Care to Reduce Healthcare Disparities: Are Nursing Students Educated to Provide Sensitive Quality Care to Improve Health Care Outcomes of LGBTQ Individuals?"for a podium presentation at the 30th Annual Conference this October in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Dr. JoAnne M. Youngblut, Dr. Dorothy Brooten, Joy Glaze, Teresita Promise & Dr. Changwon Yoo's manuscript entitled Parent Grief 1–13 Months after Death in Neonatal/Pediatric Intensive Care Units was accepted for publication in Journal of Loss and Trauma.
- Dr. Amy Paul-Ward's recent publication accepted presentation entitled “New Roles for Occupational Therapy to Promote Independence Among Youth Aging Out of Foster Care” was published this month in the American Journal of
- Dr. Doherty-Restrepo invited by Academic Affairs to extend her experience with the Educational Leadership Enhancement Program to include time in the Office of Academic Planning and Accountability for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Dr. Laura McPherson selected as 2016 Section on Research Traveling Fellow by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Dr. Nola Holness selected as FIU Top Scholar in the category of Award Winning Publications for her poster presentation “The Effects of Resilience and Social Influences on Preventing a Repeat Adolescent Pregnancy in Parenting Adolescent Mothers” at the Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health conference.
- Dr. Juan Gonzalez receives notification of award for HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship of $48,359.
- Dr. Amy Paul-Ward recent publication and accepted presentation entitled “New Roles for Occupational Therapy to Promote Independence Among Youth Aging Out of Foster Care” published this month in the American Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Dean Ora Strickland is one of the five recipients of the 2015 Women of Distinction and Caring Award. Dr. Strickland will be honored by the Plaza Healthcare Network Foundation and will receive her award on November 5, 2015.