NWCNHS 2015 Annual Report
2014 Annual Giving Report
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Dr. Amy Paul-Ward recent publication and accepted presentation entitled “New Roles for Occupational Therapy to Promote Independence Among Youth Aging Out of Foster Care” published this month in the American Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Dean Ora Strickland is one of the five recipients of the 2015 Women of Distinction and Caring Award. Dr. Strickland will be honored by the Plaza Healthcare Network Foundation and will receive her award on November 5, 2015.
- Grand Opening of the Miami Northwestern Senior High School John H. Peavy Health Center scheduled for Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:00am-2:00pm
- Dr. Racquel Vera receives notification from the Health Foundation of South Florida that her project, "Linkage to Primary Health Care: CO-REACH Initiative," has been funded for $90,000!
- CSD Department ranked number 17 by Graduateprograms.com.
- Dr. Nola Holness's poster "The Effects of Resilience and Social Influences on Preventing a Repeat Adolescent Pregnancy in Parenting Adolescent Mothers" was selected as the best poster (1st place) at the 18th Annial NPWH conference in Salt Lake City, UT.