Now open Combined MSN-DNP Programs
MSN-NP, DNP, and New Combined MSN-DNP Programs Admission Cycle Now Open.
Click Here for more Information.
2014 Annual Giving Report
NWCNHS 2014 Annual Report
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Dr. Helen Cornely receives grant for $600,000 000 from the Health Resources Administration for Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students studying toward the Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree.
- Dr. Sandra Jones promoted to Full Professor, effective August 1, 2015. We are proud of you Sandy.
- Dr. Elaine Ramos receives notice of a $150,000 traineeship grant from the DHHS, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
- Dr. Juan Gonzalez receives notification from federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of funding for his recently submitted HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship Grant proposal for $36,780.
- Dr. Derrick Glymph who has been appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Dr. Tami Thomas has been officially appointed as the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Veterans BS in Nursing Grant Team receives $1,050,000 funding of their accelerated BSN program for military veterans proposal. VBSN Grant Team includes Drs. Maria Olenick (Project Director), Sharon Simon, Derrick Glymph, Jeff Groom, and Beth Olafson.
- Juan Gonzalez receives the HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship Award for 2014-2015 in the amount of $50,128 to enable first and second year nurse anesthetist students to fund their education.
- NWCNHS moved up from #256 to #54 in the nation out of 500 nursing schools by U.S. News and World Report Ranking in Nursing!