The Nursing Unit of the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences is scheduled for accreditation review of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) from October 7-9, 2013. The CCNE invites the Nursing Unit’s constituents (students, alumni, faculty, the practice community, etc.) to comment on quality and satisfaction regarding the Nursing Unit’s DNP program. Written and signed comments may be submitted to the CCNE up to 30 days prior to the scheduled site visit and will not be shared with the Nursing Unit.
Comments may be submitted to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120
"Ora Strickland brings FIU strong research background as she directs the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences"
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Dr. Buscemi and Ms Romeo on their manuscript being accepted for publication!
Buscemi, C. & Romeo, C. (in press). "Wound healing, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition and collagen-containing products." Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing.
- Dr. Flowers and Dr. Olenick on their new publication!
Flowers, M., & Olenick, M. (2014). "Transitioning from physician to nurse practitioner." Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 7, 51-54. doi: dx.doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.556948
- Dr. Patsdaughter and her co-author!
DeSantis, J. P., & Patsdaughter, C. A. (2014). "The dangerous intersection of violence and HIV infection." Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 25(1S), S1-S4. doi:http://dx.doi.org<http://dx.doi.org>/10.1016/j.jana,2013.10.006
- Henry Henao will be serving as course director, leading a discussion of expert faculty colleagues which participated in the NCSBN National Simulation Study.
- Congratulations to Daniel Little who has been selected as NLN Ambassador for Florida International University
- Dr. Charlene Ingwell and Henry Henao receives grant funding from Florida Blue Foundation for $55,000 over three years. "Using Simulation to Develop Bedside Leadership Skills in Nursing Students"