- My undergraduate major is not in Speech-Language Pathology/Communication Sciences and Disorders. Can I still apply to the master's program?
You need to apply to the Graduate Certificate in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) program to complete ALL ten (10) required prerequisites courses prior to starting the master's program. You may apply to the master’s program while still taking the prerequisites.
- When are prerequisite courses offered?
All ten (10) prerequisite courses are offered every semester, including summer sessions.
- If some courses are not offered during a certain semester, will they be offered the following semester?
Master’s Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP) Graduate courses for the semester in which they are offered are listed on the FIU MS-SLP Curriculum web page.
- What should I major in at FIU since you do not offer a bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology?
We recommend that students major in related fields such as Psychology, Linguistics, Education, Special Education or Health Services Administration.
- How many credits can I transfer from another university?
Six (6) graduate credits with a grade of “B” or higher may be transferable. Discuss the transfer of credits with your advisor or the department chairperson.