- The Graduate Nursing unit of the FIU Nursing department was established in 1992 with the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program.
- FIU Graduate Nursing began offering the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in January 2012.
- FIU Graduate Nursing has been ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report since 2015.
- FIU Graduate Nursing transitioned its stand-alone MSN degree programs into post-baccalaureate, direct-to-DNP programs in 2018.
- FIU is the only graduate nursing program in South Florida offering a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program.
- All FIU Graduate Nursing programs are based at the FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus in southwest Miami.
- Coursework is delivered in classrooms and online.
- No GRE required for admission.
- More than 12,000 FIU nursing alumni serve across the world.
By the Numbers*
- 391Annual student enrollment (all programs)
- 70%Female students
- 30%Male students
- 51%Hispanic students
- 19%Black non-Hispanic students
- 18%White non-Hispanic students
- 8%Asian/Pacific Islander students
- 4%Other ethnicities
- 95%Graduation rate
- 20Full-time faculty
*For the past academic year