- The FIU Nurse Anesthetist program was inaugurated in 2001 as the first nurse anesthetist program in the State of Florida University System.
- The program transitioned in 2016 from a master’s degree to a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – the educational standard needed to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA).
- We have graduated more than 400 CRNAs since the inaugural graduating class of 2003.
- The FIU Nurse Anesthetist Unit is based out of the innovative S.T.A.R Center (Simulation Teaching And Research) on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus in Southwest Miami.
- 110 credit program
- 45 students admitted annually
By the Numbers*
- 61%Female students
- 39%Male students
- 55%Hispanic students
- 3%Black non-Hispanic students
- 27%White non-Hispanic students
- 12%Asian/Pacific Islander students
- 3%Other ethnicities
- 97%Graduation rate
- 100%Employment rate (within 4 months of graduation)
*For the past academic year