Each FIU Health Services Administration program has its own set of admission and application requirements to ensure every student’s success. Please review the requirements for your specific HSA program of interest.
Students seeking admission into the upper division of the FIU Bachelor of Health Services Administration (BHSA) program must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Completed 60 hours of course work – OR – completed the Associate in Arts (AA) degree or its equivalent – at an accredited college or university.
- Satisfied the general University requirements for admission, including the University's Core Curriculum requirements.
- Met the University's lower division requirements.
- Complete the following BHSA prerequisite** courses as part of their 60 credit-hours of lower-division course work and achieve a minimum "C" required grade in any one course for the following required prerequisites:
Principles of Microeconomics
Accounting for Decisions
Accounting for Planning and Control
ACG 2021 or equivalent
Introduction to Microcomputers
STA 2122 or
STA 3111 or
STA 3145 or
Introduction to Statistics I or
Statistic I or
Statistics for the Health Professions or Statistics for Business and Economics
High School Algebra
**NOTE: Applicants can be in the process of completing the prerequisites when applying to the program; however, all admitted students must complete all prerequisites before taking BHSA courses.
- Have achieved a minimum overall 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Recommended for admission by the Admissions Committee.