- FIU Undergraduate Nursing was established when the university first opened its doors to South Florida in 1972. The baccalaureate RN-to-BSN completion degree was the only program offered at that time.
- The FIU Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program was approved in 1982 by the Board of Regents of the State University System.
- Our Generic, Accelerated Option and Veterans BSN programs are based at the FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus in southwest Miami.
- Our Online RN-to-BSN program admits students every semester and is delivered entirely through FIU ONLINE.
- The Generic BSN program admits students once a year in the fall.
- More than 12,000 FIU nursing alumni serve across the world.