- FIU Undergraduate Nursing was established when the university first opened its doors to South Florida in 1972. The baccalaureate RN-to-BSN completion degree was the only program offered at that time.
- The FIU Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program was approved in 1982 by the Board of Regents of the State University System.
- Our Generic, Accelerated Option and Veterans BSN programs are based at the FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus in southwest Miami.
- Our Online RN-to-BSN program admits students every semester and is delivered entirely through FIU ONLINE.
- The Generic BSN program admits students once a year in the fall.
- More than 12,000 FIU nursing alumni serve across the world.
By the Numbers*
- 671Annual student enrollment
- 68%Female students
- 32%Male students
- 48%Hispanic students
- 19%Black non-Hispanic students
- 19%White non-Hispanic students
- 8%Asian/Pacific Islander students
- 6%Other Ethnicities
- 97%Graduate rate
- 88%First-time licensure pass rate
- 22Full-time faculty
*For the past academic year