Mission & Vision
Our Mission – Master’s Program
The mission of the FIU Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program involves a comprehensive educational approach to preparing students for a successful career in the athletic training profession. The mission of the professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program is:
- To teach the basic and advanced knowledge and skills required to be successful in the athletic training profession through high quality, learner-centered didactic and clinical education components.
- To instill critical thinking and interpersonal skills required to provide culturally competent and compassionate care to a diverse patient population.
- To develop scholarly practitioners who appreciate advancing knowledge and critically examine the body of knowledge for evidence-based practice as a foundation for the delivery of athletic training care.
- To encourage students to become actively involved in the athletic training profession through continuing education, leadership, professional responsibility, and collaborative engagement.
Our Mission – DAT Program
The mission of the post-professional Doctor of Athletic Training (DAT) program is to advance the practice of athletic trainers with a focus on injury/illness prevention and entrepreneurial leadership. The goals of the DAT program are to develop athletic trainers who:
- Actively contribute to expanding athletic training knowledge, skills, and clinical abilities through applied research;
- Apply advanced clinical skills to improve patient outcomes;
- Proactively develop and implement injury/illness prevention strategies;
- Engage in interprofessional education and collaborative practice to optimize patient-centered and community-based healthcare;
- Commit to continuous quality improvement in the administration and delivery of athletic training healthcare; and
- Are innovative and entrepreneurial leaders in healthcare.