The Doctor of Athletic Training (DAT) degree at Florida International University is a limited-access, full-time enrollment program. Students are admitted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
All of the following are required for acceptance into FIU’s DAT degree program. This is completed through the online application link to apply. The application process is described here.
- Possess a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 27 graduate level credits+
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in graduate coursework
- Submit proof of athletic training certification through the Board of Certification (or the equivalency for international applicants)
- Submit proof of state credential (if applicable in the student’s current state of residence/practice)
- Have 2-3 years of athletic training work experience (recommended)
- Submit three letters of recommendation (at least one from a supervising athletic trainer or other healthcare professional)
- Submit resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit a statement of professional and personal goals to include your reasoning for completing the FIU DAT
+ Athletic Trainers who possess a Bachelor’s degree as their highest degree may inquire about admissions into the DAT program by contacting the program director @ email@example.com.