How to Apply
The FIU Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP) program uses the Communication Sciences & Disorders Centralized Application System (CSDCAS) for its application process. Please visit their website for general information on how to use the system, paying special attention to the information on Preparing Your CSDCAS Application. The accompanying recorded Webinar provides valuable information on how to apply and on how to request application fee waivers. It is important that you start this process at least 2 months prior to our application deadline to ensure a strong and complete application.
Application deadline for each fall is January 22 and you can start applying on CSDCAS on September 1st of the previous year. You should not apply directly to FIU. You will be directed to complete a supplementary application to FIU from the CSDCAS site.
Application, payments, letters of recommendation, and transcripts must be received by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. To ensure items arrive on time, please send all documents at least four weeks before the deadline. If you are taking courses during the fall semester, please wait until fall grades are posted before having transcripts sent or use the CSDCAS Academic Update feature.
- Complete the CSDCAS application.
- Have all official transcripts from all institutions attended sent to CSDCAS. If you are taking courses during the fall semester, please wait until fall grades are posted before having transcripts sent or use the CSDCAS Academic Update feature.
- International Applicants: Have all official evaluations of transcripts from all foreign institutions sent to CSDCAS as follows:
- Use the World Education Services (WES) link in the Academic History section of the application to order your official WES evaluation or
- Use the “Download Evaluation Request Form” in the Academic History section of the application to request an evaluation from an evaluation service other than WES
- We DO NOT require that Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores be submitted, as these are not a part of our admissions requirements.
- All applicants whose primary language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English: IELTS and TOEFL results can be reported in the Academic History module in CSDCAS under Standardized Tests.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from professors who know your academic ability and potential for success in graduate study. Submit recommender information through the CSDCAS recommender portal in the Supporting Information and Evaluations section. Your recommenders will receive an email directly from CSDCAS requesting the recommendation.
- Submit a personal essay. Your essay will be evaluated for both writing ability and content. The nature and demands of the speech-language pathology profession require personal attributes and motivation which complement intellectual abilities. We would like to know about your background and experiences, why you want to be a speech-language pathologist, and why you chose FIU for your education. In addition, we are interested in your view of the field of speech- language pathology and how you see yourself using your education. Personal essays should be your own work. Submission of AI-generated essays and other forms of plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- Enter data which show evidence of Leadership and Volunteerism, if any, in the Experiences, Achievements and Conferences sections under Supporting Information in CSDCAS.
- Complete supplemental application to FIU - PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PAYMENT TO FIU. You will be directed to FIU’s supplemental application from CSDCAS.