- FIU Nursing was established when Florida International University opened in 1972. Our first program offering was the RN-to-BSN degree, which still exists today.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program was introduced in 1982.
- The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program was introduced in 1992.
- The inaugural graduating class from the Anesthesia Nursing Practice unit was in 2003.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) was established in January 2012.
- FIU Graduate Nursing programs have been ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report since 2015.
- FIU is the only graduate nursing program in South Florida offering a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program.
- More than 12,000 FIU nursing alumni serve across the world.
By the Numbers
- 20Degree and certificate programs
- 15Instructional labs and facilities
- 75Faculty, instructors and staff
- 1000+Students enrolled annually (across all programs)