All NP Specialty Tracks
FIU’s graduate-level nurse practitioner (NP) degree and certificate programs are limited enrollment and admission is highly COMPETITIVE. Requirements for entry are extensive, with additional conditions specific to transfer and international students.
Applicants may enquire about info session availability OR make an appointment with an FIU Graduate Nursing Advisor for assistance with the application process (see Advising page).
- Successful completion of all the admission requirements for graduate education at Florida International University and the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale (GPA calculation inclusive of all academic coursework including courses at the community college level).
- UG 60 GPA of 3.0 or greater in Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) upper division coursework.
- Current State of Florida RN license. Out-of-state students must obtain a license to practice in Florida prior to admission.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Applicants from programs without such accreditation will be considered on an individual basis.
- Completion of all FIU Graduate Nursing admission paperwork including:
- Favorable personal interview with the FIU Graduate Nursing Admission Committee.