As a prospective student to the BSN-to-PhD in Nursing program at Florida International University, you must meet all admission requirements stipulated in the University’s Graduate Policies and Procedures in addition to the admission requirements specific to the doctoral nursing program.
Prospective student must meet all admissions requirements stipulated in the University’s Graduate Policies and Procedures. Additional requirements are as follows:
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of scholarship in nursing science, for example: Term paper/special project report; research report; published article or manuscript submitted for publication
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in word processing and electronic library searches
- Applicants, whose native language is not English, must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and obtain a minimum of 80 on the iBT TOEFL (equivalent to 550 on the paper based version).
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admissions into the Ph.D. in Nursing Program. The GRE must have been taken within the last 5 years of the date postmarked on the application.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and professional references.
- A statement of the applicant’s goals for pursuing the Ph.D. degree in nursing. This statement must be typed, double‐spaced, in a narrative format of no more than 500 words, using Times New Roman or Arial 12 Font.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Florida. License must remain current throughout the program.
- Current professional liability insurance. The graduate student must maintain liability insurance throughout the program.
- A satisfactory interview by members of the College’s Doctoral Program Admissions Committee. The Committee will examine the credentials of all applicants.