As a prospective student to the BSN-to-PhD in Nursing program at Florida International University, you must meet all admission requirements stipulated in the University’s Graduate Policies and Procedures in addition to the admission requirements specific to the doctoral nursing program.
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GPA of at least 3.5 (A=4.0) computed for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five (5) years of date postmarked on the application.
- If you took the GRE prior to 5 years and your combined score is high, call the FIU PhD in Nursing Program office at 305-348-7718.
- Computer-based GRE testing is available at test centers worldwide. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come basis. To register, call 1-800-GRE-CALL. For more information on taking the GRE, contact the GRE Educational Testing Service at 609-771-7670 or visit gre.org.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and obtain a minimum of 80 on the IBT TOEFL (equivalent to 550 on the paper-based version) or 213 on the computer-based version.