Plan of Study
Courses & Syllabi
Visit the FIU Catalog for course descriptions and program requirements.
- Navigate to the current academic year.
- Enter the Course Code in the “Search Bar” OR select “Graduate”
- Select “Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences”
- Completion of 43 semester credits. Minimum of 36-40 credits in nursing and 3-6 credits of non-nursing electives. The non-nursing electives are restricted to supporting courses for the specialty area.
- Completion of a thesis (6 credits), a master’s paper (3 credits), or a research project (3 credits). Students electing a master’s paper or research project must complete an additional three hours of cognate course(s).
- Achievement of an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. See Graduate Catalog in University Graduate School Rules and Regulations for information on Academic Warning, Probation, and Dismissal.
- Removal of all conditions, deficiencies, and incomplete grades. Credit hours for courses in which the grade is “B-” or below will not count toward satisfying graduate degree requirements.
- With the exception of thesis courses, students are expected to register for courses with letter grades. Electives may be taken as pass/fail subject to the approval of the advisor.
MSN Level Course Requirements
Graduate Nursing Core: (9 credits)
|NGR 5110||Theories in Nursing||3|
|NGR 5131||Culture and Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NGR 5810||Research Methods in Nursing||3|
Advanced Practice Nursing Core (NE): (9 credits)
|NGR 5720C||Org Dynamics of Nursing Systems||3|
|NGR 6726C||Nursing Management and CQI||3|
Nurse Executive: (8 credits)
|NGR 5723C||Advanced Nursing Administration I||4|
|NGR 6724C||Advanced Nursing Administration II||4|
Nursing Administration: (7 credits)
|NGR 6712C||Advanced Nursing Administration III||4|
|NGR 6727||Issues & Strategies of Nursing |
Nursing Education: (7 credits)
|NGR 6710||Role Synthesis in Nursing Education||4|
|NGR 6713||Curriculum Development in Nursing||3|
Nurse Executive: (10 credits)
|NGR 6712L||Role Synthesis in Nursing|
Financing and Reimbursement
|PHC 6443||Research Methods in Nursing||3|
Research: (7 credits)
Master’s Thesis Option
|NGR 6970||MSN Thesis I||3|
|NGR 6971||MSN Thesis II||3|
Master’s Paper Option
|NGR 6970||MSN Thesis I (Research Paper)||3|
Master’s Project Option
|NGR 6910C||Research Project||3|