- The nominee must be an alumna/alumnus who has earned a degree or post-degree certificate from FIU Nursing.
- The nominee reflects FIU Nursing’s values of truth, freedom, respect, responsibility, excellence, compassion, caring, innovation, integrity, cultural competence, and collaboration.
- Third party and/or self-nominations will be accepted.
- Members of the Nursing Alumni Awards Committee are not eligible to receive an award. NOTE: Any member of the Awards Committee who wishes to be eligible to receive an award must resign from the Committee before the call for nominations process begins.
- Award recipients will be honored at the 50th Anniversary Jubilee Celebration for FIU Nursing on May 4, 2024. Award recipients are expected to attend the Celebration. Awardees are also expected to participate in media activities related to the Celebration.
- All nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on October 27, 2023.
How to Submit
Review the award description and specific criteria for the selected category. In addition to completing the nomination form and personal info (2 pages), please submit the following supporting information as one (1) document in PDF format:
- Identify the top three reasons (in bullet format) this nominee should be considered for a Distinguished Nursing Alumna/Alumnus Award (maximum 1 page).
- Include an abbreviated CV/resume (maximum 2 pages).
- Attach letters of support from two (2) people who can attest to how the nominee meets the specific award criteria. An interesting story/example reflective of the nominee's award is also helpful and may be part of a support letter (maximum 2 pages for each letter).
- Provide documentation that illustrates the involvement and any measurable results attributable to the nominee. The documentation demonstrates excellence in professional achievement and exceptional leadership as stated in the award criteria. (maximum 3 pages).
Please note: If total application exceeds twelve (12) pages, your application will not be considered.
The information contained in this application will remain confidential and will be used solely for purposes of the award selection. A short description on the finalists will be posted on the NWCNHS website and printed in the program. Materials submitted will become the property of the FIU 50th Anniversary Awards Committee.